The sound of bees buzzing through the summer air is a welcome sign of warm weather. But what if it seems like the buzzing never stops? Although it may feel like a daunting problem, there is a way to keep bees away: fragrances. Learn more about which fragrances effectively deter bees and use them to keep your outdoors bee-sting free.
1. Buzz: The Power of Aroma
When it comes to the power of aroma, there’s no denying how many people find it absolutely captivating. Our sense of smell is perhaps the strongest of our senses, and ultimately, the way our noses perceive certain smells will leave a lasting impression. The idea of a “buzz” can have incredibly powerful effects on our physical, mental, and emotional state.
- Coffee: A strong cup of coffee emits a rich aroma, sure to Wake you up and put you in the right state of mind. The bitter-yet-sweet smell is something we can all probably recognize and appreciate.
- Baked goods: The sweet smell of freshly baked goods wafting out of the oven is one of the best aromas you’ll ever smell. From freshly glazed cinnamon rolls to freshly made chocolate chip cookies, it’s impossible not to feel happy and content.
- Freshly cut grass: Nothing can compare to the smell of freshly cut grass, particularly in summertime. It’s a smell that can instantly put you in a good mood and remind you of the great outdoors.
The power of aroma reaches far beyond just enjoyment; it can actually be used to evoke a certain emotion or feeling. That’s why certain essences and scents are used for things such as aromatherapy. We should never forget the power of a good-smelling buzz.
Beyond being used to evoke a certain emotion, smell can act as a positive reinforcement. Think of the smell of a warm loaf of bread – it’s pretty much universal that when people smell that aroma, they feel warm and content. The same goes for other aromas, such as the smell of your favorite seasonal candle.
2. Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder (for Bees)
When we think of bees, the idea of long-distance love is not usually the first thing that comes to mind. But while bees may not be the most loquacious of creatures, recent studies have shown that distance can actually make them more affectionate towards one another!
Here’s how it works: When a bee has to move away from their hive to seek out food and pollen, they can feel a bit lonely and disconnected from their home. To get over this feeling, research suggests that they actually become more focused on returning to the hive, building up a strong connection to the particular hive they’ve left.
When the bees come back to visit the hive, they return with a boost of energy and fondness for their home. This open-heartedness often leads to buzzing and dancing around the hive, picking up where they left off when they flew away.
It turns out, what has been known intuitively for centuries about humans is also true for bees. Distance can actually strengthen the love and connection two people have for one another. Now, the same holds true for bees as well.
3. Alluring Aromas To Keep the Insects at Bay
Keeping pesky bugs out of your home is easier said than done. However, you can use certain . Here are some natural ways to keep bugs away with fragrant aromas:
- Lavender: Lavender essential oil has a calming floral aroma that will keep pests and bugs away. You can also add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in a drawer or closet to keep them bugs free.
- Citrus: Citrus scents like orange or lemon are great at repelling insects. You can use orange peels or lemon slices to keep bugs from entering your home. You can also mix essential oils of citrus fruits with water and spray it on yourself and around the house to keep bugs away.
- Peppermint: Peppermint scented items are great for keeping bugs away. You can try adding a few drops of peppermint oil to your laundry detergent to keep bugs away in your clothes. You can also grow peppermint in your garden to keep bugs away.
It’s also a good idea to regularly vacuum your home and clean up any crumbs the bugs might be attracted to. Aromas are great for keeping insects away, but make sure you also take the necessary precautions to keep them away for good.
An easy way to make sure bugs and pests are kept away is to use a combination of different alluring aromas. By using a few scents, you can create a powerful insect repellent that will keep your home and garden bug-free.
4. Aromas That Zap Away the Buzz
No one likes feeling down and out, yet sometimes that post-buzz crash can be so hard to shake. For a pick-me-up when you’re in need of an energy jolt, why not open that essential oil arsenal? Here are four uplifting aromas to shock and awe your senses into awesomeness:
- Lemon – Tart yet sweet, this citrusy oil has a powerful wake-up call that helps clear foggy thinking and ease mild depression.
- Rosemary – This warm, woody herbal oil is a mental brightener that helps promote focus and concentration.
- Peppermint – Revered for its cooling freshness, use this oil to lift your energy and mood.
- Ginger – Spicy and warm, ginger is a natural energizing oil that enlivens the senses while uplifting spirit.
An invigorating mix of essential oils from these four will be sure to provide an energizing boost when the post-buzz doldrums hit. Or make a roll-on blend by combining 7–10 drops of the four into 1 teaspoon of carrier oil like jojoba, and just roll it onto your wrists and temples for a refreshing synergy.
Sniffing essential oils is like giving yourself an instant reset button. All these amazing aromas are excellent jumpstarts for zapping away the buzz and, at the same time, brightening up your entire outlook.
5. Dabble in Delightsome Fragrances
Be it a fruity concoction with a hint of citrus, a bright-hued floral blend or a woodsy essence with elements of spice, nothing stirs the senses quite like a glorious fragrance. Doing a bit of dabbling in delightful aromas is one of life’s simplest pleasures, and one that should never go unappreciated! Here are some fun ways to explore the wonderful world of scents.
- Visit a Perfume Arcade: Start off on the right foot by visiting a specialty store that boasts of an array of fragrances to choose from. From distinctive scents inspired by the traditional to more modern concoctions, there’s something for every nose and it can be quite a delight to browse through them and find something that truly resonates with you!
- Experiment with Essential Oils: Essential oils can be used to make custom sprays, lotion bars and even diffusers. Not to mention, the individual oils have their own unique properties that make them a great choice for both personal and home care.
- Belabor in Bazaar Adventure: Get groovy and have a blast developing your nose’s sense of smell by trying from the vast array of handcrafted fragrances in the colourful bazaars. Who knows? It could be the ideal way to find something profoundly unique, something you never would have thought to look for in the first place!
From discovering new fragrances to creating your own, dabbling in delightful aromas is something that is sure to treat the spirit in more than one way! So go ahead and let your nose be your guide on this wonderful voyage of exploration and discovery!
6. Don’t Let the Bees Bug You: Make Them Buzz Off
The saying, “Don’t let the bees bug you,” may have been around for centuries, but for many of us, it’s a modern-day mantra we cling to every time we encounter a pesky bee. So how do you make the bees buzz off? Below are a few effective ways to help you and your family stay safe from bees.
- Keep your distance: Bees are naturally attracted to sweet-smelling flowers but when they sense you nearby, they may try to fly toward you. Whether you’re outdoors or indoors, it’s important to stay clear of bees to avoid being stung.
- Minimize attracting plants: If you want to avoid bees, minimize scented flowers and plants in your area. It’s also best to keep sugary drinks and snacks away, as this can attract bees, too.
- Use repellents: You can try using bee sprays or insect repellents that are designed to keep bees away. Be sure to read and follow label instructions for safe and effective use.
Of course, if you’re being pestered by a bee or two, it’s best to stay calm and gently move away. Most importantly, if you see any beehives near your home, keep your distance and call a professional to take care of them.
Don’t let the buzzing sound of bees ruin your outdoor plans. Taking extra care and using the suggestions above can help make the bees buzz off.
7. What Sweet Scent Spells the End of Bee Troubles?
The hum of the bees fills the air with a sense of joy that excites gardeners, farmers, and nature lovers alike. However, when the bee population starts to dwindle, many worry it could be the end of the buzzing, the flowers, and the honey. Thankfully, there is a sweet smell that can put any bee trouble to rest.
The aroma of basil is said to be an alluring draw to bees. Its powerful sweet scent can be kept in gardens, window pots, and even your backyard. From short and broadleaf to cinammon, licorice, and lemon, there are countless varieties to choose from.
- Grow Variety: Planting different types of basil will draw a wide range of bees. Plus, it will add a beautiful mix of colors to your garden
- Strong and Sweet Smell: Basil has a strong scent that can travel long distances, helping bees find it easily
- Easy to Grow: Basil is resilient and easy to grow regardless of the climate or soil.
Basil may be the answer to all your bee troubles and fragrant, sweet solution to bring more buzzing back into your life. All that’s left to do is, find a place to plant your basil and breathe in the sweet aroma.
8. Bee-Gone: Rejoice in Scented Checkmate!
Good news: checkmate is here! The pesky summer pest, the common bee, can be controlled with just a few no-fuss precautions. With Bee-Gone, you can enjoy summer in the sun without fans, citronella, or gas-powered bee-zappers.
Bee-Gone provides a quick-release repellent that’s both effective and environmentally friendly. Just grab the small canister and spray, and you’ve got your yard back in no time. The formula is plant-based, containing cedar and mint oils that work on contact to repel the bee before it gets to you. Best of all, the smell is effective but inviting, not at all unpleasant.
Here’s what makes Bee-Gone the perfect bug-blocking solution:
- Eco-friendly, plant-based formula
- Long-lasting protection
- Compact size makes it easy to use
- Sourced from all-natural ingredients
- Scented with cedar and mint oils that keep bees away while smelling great
Online reviews report success after just a few sprays, so you can trust Bee-Gone to keep your summer bugs-free. Rejoice in scented checkmate, and enjoy your back porch without fear of a bee sting!
Higher temperatures may bring out the bees, but a few spritzes of fragrances could be the key to keep them buzzing away. Who knew – with the right scent, you can help keep the bee population under control while enjoying a lovely fragrance.